ZigaForm version 5.2.6

Student Visa for Australia

To start your adventure in Australia, you will first need to obtain a student visa 

This type of visa can be granted to people of any age, over the age of (6) six, provided you meet the criteria, which includes enrollment in a study course, which you will attend while in Australia. 

Under this visa type you will also be granted work rights, which typically allow up to (40) forty hours of work per fortnight, and unlimited working hours during holiday periods, for each person on the visa.

You may also bring family members to Australia under this visa, such as a spouse or child.

Learn in Australia can help you through a registered immigration agent, to apply for this visa, and the first step will be to choose an appropriate course of study, as you will need a (COE) confirmation of enrollment letter from your chosen institute detailing the course which you have enrolled in to study in Australia.

You may apply online while in or outside of Australia.

The steps in the student visa process are;

  • Choosing your preferred course and institution
  • Submitting an application to the institution
  • receiving and accepting a letter of offer from the institution
  • Receiving confirmation of enrollment (COE)
  • Arrange for Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) 
  • Applying for student visa subclass 500 
  • Respond to any further requests for information from Department of Home Affairs / Australian Immigration

You will require the following to meet the visa eligibility requirements;

Australian Student Visa

  • English language proficiency certificates (IELTS or PTE) (where required)
  • You and family members aged 16 years and over who apply for the visa must meet the character requirement.
  • You and any family members who apply for the visa must meet the health requirement.
  • Acceptable overseas student health cover
  • Provide evidence of sufficient funds
  • Received confirmation of enrollment (COE)
  • Have not held a certain type of visa
  • have read, or had explained to you, the Life in Australia booklet and;
  • sign an Australian Values Statement that confirms you will respect the Australian way of life and obey Australian laws
  • Have not had a visa cancelled or been refused a visa
  • Academic certificates (where required)
Australian student visa

You should 

Apply for your visa at least (6) six weeks before your course starts, to allow time for the Department of Home Affairs in Australia to process your application. 

You should be aware to complete any further  health checks or other further information requested in a timely manner to avoid delays.

The Department of Home Affairs provides a handy documents required checklist tool online, here.

Evidence of sufficient funds for Australian Student Visa

The Department of Home Affairs in Australia will require you to submit evidence of sufficient funds, that must be (3) three months prior from the date of application, for the duration of your stay in Australia.

Accepted evidence documents include;

  • Evidence of financial supporter's occupation and annual income - letter from the supporter’s employer confirming employment, and including full contact details (address and telephone numbers), and supporter’s personal bank statements and tax returns for the last 3 years.
  • Chartered Accountant statements of the financial supporter.
  • In the case of company sponsorship, balance sheet and bond signed with the company.
  • Loan disbursement letter.
  • Evidence of rental income such as evidence of ownership of property and lease agreements.
  • Evidence of retirement income such as a letter from the company at the time of retirement stating the amount of pension, and recent bank statement showing the credit of pension to the account. 

The Department of Home Affairs in Australia, to issue an Australia Student Visa must be satisfied that an applicant, once in Australia, will have genuine access to the funds they claim to possess to cover the travel, tuition and living costs for themselves and their family members.

Submit the form and we'll help you get your Australian Student Visa!